a guide to sage: the benefits you need to know
by Grace Anzano on Feb 22, 2022
a guide to sage
here's what we know about the benefits of sage, you should know them too.
it can be purifying
- The most-used types of sage have antimicrobial properties. This means they keep infectious bacteria, viruses, and fungi at bay.
it can help dispel negative energy
- Smudging may also be used as a ritual tool to rid yourself - or your space - of negativity. This includes past traumas, bad experiences, or negative energies from others
it can cleanse + empower objects
- Burning sage creates fragrant smoke central to smudging’s benefits. You can use this incense to smudge yourself or specific spaces. This can be useful with new purchases, gifts, or secondhand items. However, any item can be smudged.
it can ease stress
- If burning sage can lift one’s mood, it could also be a great ally against stress.
it can boost your energy levels
- Ridding the body, objects, and spaces of bad energy can help welcome in newer, fresher, and more positive energies. this could have an energizing effect and help with fatigue.
it can boost cognition
- In addition to dissipating negative energy, improving mood, and strengthening intuition, smudging with sage might improve your memory and focus.
most of all, it is a spiritual tool
smudging has long been used to connect to the spiritual realm or enhance intuition. For healers traditional native cultures, burning sage is used to achieve a healing state or to solve or reflect upon spiritual dilemmas. bones + co. ONLY purchases sage from native owned, native operated lands that are preserving the salvia apiana plant.